SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH – FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4TH
United Way and the City of Casper have teamed up on a weeklong program that encourages residents to Shop Local Businesses and Support Local Nonprofits when buying holiday gifts this year.
Our local businesses feed our local economy and keep our community alive and the support provided by local nonprofits help us thrive. In a community like Casper, and during a year like 2020 community support for both is more important than ever.
Merry GIFTMAS, sparked by a request from city management seeking a way to encourage the support of local nonprofits and businesses, is a program designed to engage this seasons holiday shoppers with a giving spirit in mind.
The tagline “…it starts with a gift” refers to the initial gift one would buy for friends and family rolling into a second gift to our local business owners by making that purchase with them vs. online or at a big box store. Those participating local businesses are then making a third gift to a local nonprofit based on these purchases.
Merry GIFTMAS kicks off, November 28th, Small Business Saturday and runs for one week.
- GALLERIA OF GIFTS supporting SETON HOUSE– Participate in an instore Wooden Advent Calendar Raffle: $5/ticket or $20/5 tickets
- FASHION CROSSROADS supporting MEALS ON WHEELS- Donating $1 for every purchase
- FC OUTLET supporting IRIS CLUBHOUSE – Donating $1 for every purchase
- MERRY PEDDLER supporting WYOMING FOOD BANK OF THE ROCKIES– $1 for purchases $10-$49, $2 for purchases $50 and above
- VITA SANA supporting WYOMING FOOD BAK OF THE ROCKIES– $1 for purchases $10-$49, $2 for purchases $50 and above
- MERRY PEDDLER & VITA SANA also be accepting the following items on behalf of CENTRAL WYOMING RESCUE MISSION: Kleenex, Toilet Paper, Trash Bags (any size), Deodorant, Sanitary Products, Small Shampoos, Face masks, Ziploc Sandwich Bags, Laundry Pods, Men’s & Women’s Underwear
- RIALTO SODA FOUNTAIN supporting MIMI’S PLACE– $1 for each Malt and Shake Sold
- DAB HAND supporting VITA via United Way of Natrona County– 10% of all yarn or craft purchases through 12/24